- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp poultry seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- salt/pepper to taste
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 egg white
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp parsley
- handful of breadcrumbs
1) In a large pot warm up Extra Virgin Olive Oil over medium heat. While this is heating chop celery, carrots and onion. When the oil starts to sizzle place veggies in soup pot. Add poultry seasoning, bay leaves, salt and pepper. Cook until tender.
2) Once veggies are tender pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil.
3) Meanwhile in a large bowl mix the ground chicken, egg white, onion powder, parsley, garlic powder and breadcrumbs. Combine together with your hands. May need to add breadcrumbs….don’t want the meat too wet.
4) When broth comes to a boil, lower heat to a simmer and make mini meatballs and drop into soup. Once all balls are in soup, cover and steam for 12 min.
Can add any kind of noddles that you wish, crusty bread and just serve as is. Enjoy!