This soup is perfect for living the Keto Diet lifestyle. To bump up the fat content, it contains heavy whipping cream in place of milk and A LOT of cheese. This broccoli cheese soup will not let anyone leave the table hungry…even those non-keto people. This makes about 16 10-12oz servings so for me, a busy mom, this was a perfect prep food that would last all week long.
Please give it a try and let me know what you think!
- 3 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 2 large stalks of celery, diced
- 1/2 of a large onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 7 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 8 cups broccoli, chopped
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 24 ounces of cheddar cheese
- 1-3 Tablespoon of almond flour
- In a large soup pot, over medium heat, cook the following: butter, carrots, celery, onion and garlic until soft. About 4-5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and cover. Cook for about 30 minutes
- Add broccoli and cook covered for 30-45 minutes until broccoli gets softened
- Add the whipping cream, cheese and almond flour (until desired thickness). Cook on medium, stirring constantly until all cheese is melted. Once cheese is melted reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 5-6 minutes longer
- Serve and Enjoy!!