Being a busy parent that is on the go from 5 AM until 7 PM I need quick meals for dinner. I LOVE to cook however my schedule doesn’t really allow me to cook up a hot meal by the time I get home so….I decided to use my cock-pot. The thing that I love the most about using a crock-pot is that I can still provide my family a nutritious, filling and unprocessed meal every night. Plus, everything is made in one pot which also allows me to have quality family time each night instead of being in the kitchen doing dishes!
What an easier meal to make in the crock-pot than chili. This is my go to recipe because it’s super simple, doesn’t break the bank to make and you will have plenty of leftovers to either use for lunches, dinners or simply place in the freeze for whenever 🙂
Here’s what I use:
– 2 pound extra lean ground turkey
– 1 14 oz can light red kidney beans, drained
– 1 14 oz can dark red kidney beans, drained
– 1 14 oz can black beans, drained
– 1 14 oz can chili diced tomatoes, not drained
– 1 14 oz can regular diced tomatoes, not drained
– 2 green bell pepper, chopped on the small side
– 1 large onion, chopped on the small side
– 1 box chili kit, fix it hot or mild (I use Carroll Shelby’s)
Here’s what to do:
1. In large skillet, brown the 2 pounds of extra lean ground turnkey. Should take about 5 minutes for all pink to be gone.
2. Add light red kidney beans, dark red kidney beans, black beans, diced tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, browned meat and chili kit box to your crock-pot.
3. Cook on low/medium for 8 hours.
When you get home from your busy day, ladle in a bowl topped with 2% shredded cheese (optional) and dig in. Super EASY, Super GOOD and it’s filled with nutrients and vitamins that your family needs!