Finding meals that everyone in our family can agree on is challenging especially since I have one extremely picky eater!! However, yesterday’s dinner was a SUCCESS therefore I definitely wanted to share it with you 🙂 If you would like weekly recipes and other Healthy Lifestyle tips feel free to subscribe for the weekly Healthy Lifestyle Corner Newsletter here.
Honey Dijon Mustard Chicken
What you’ll need:
5 thin chicken breast
3 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/3 cup organic raw honey
2 Tablespoons dijoin mustard
What you’ll do:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. Spray shallow baking dish with non-stick spray then place in chicken breast
3. Bake chicken breast for 12 minutes then flip and cook for another 10 minutes or until juices are clear.
4. While chicken is baking in the oven, in a small skillet place the 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil with minced garlic and cook over medium-low. You DO NOT want the garlic to burn…you are simply allowing the fragrance of the garlic to disperse into the oil.
5. Once oil is warm and garlic is soft add in honey and dijon mustard. Whisk together to combine and simmer, whisking often.
6. Once chicken is done, pour half of the glaze mixture onto chicken breast and bake for 2 minutes. Flip chicken, place the remainder of the glaze on the other side of the chicken and bake for 2 more minutes.
I served this with home cut fries using Yukon Gold potatoes sprinkled with extra virgin olive oil, garlic and parsley. These were baked on a large cookie sheet in the oven along with the chicken. Also on the side was whole string beans which were cooked in a microwavable steam bag. Super easy and quick clean up!!
Nutrition for Honey Dijon Chicken:
Calories: 230 calories